Healthy Living: Let’s Get Real with Laura Klein, Culinary Health Coach
Laura Klein is a trained chef and ACE/Wellcoaches certified health coach as well as consultant for the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine’s CHEF program. She is the owner of Well Seasoned Coaching, and gets rave reviews from her clients. I’m so thrilled that she will be featured on two separate episodes of Healthy Living: Let’s Get Real! As she explains on her website, “My approach is very compassionate and supportive. I will meet you where you’re at and help you to cook healthier, eat healthier and live healthier.”
In this first episode, Coach Laura and I talk about healthy snacks and lunches on the go, especially focusing on homemade portable work-worthy food. A little preparation goes a long way!
Coach Laura shares her simple hummus recipe in this episode, and here it is.
Super Easy Hummus
Prep time: 10 mins.
This homemade hummus recipe is quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavorful!
- 1/3 cup good-quality tahini
- 2–4 tablespoons cold water, or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Juice of 1 lemon (2–3 tablespoons)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Add tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic and lemon juice to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add in the chickpeas. Puree for 3-4 minutes, pausing halfway to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the hummus is smooth. If it seems too thick, add in another tablespoon or two of water.
- Taste and season with additional salt, cumin, and/or lemon juice if needed.
There’s lots more in the episode, snacks and lunches and tips and tricks for eating healthy on the go. Check it out!